LIMITED THEFT COVERAGE
The Limited Theft endorsement adds coverage for losses to personal property caused by theft and vandalism, as well as malicious mischief resulting from theft, if the theft occurs on-premises. Without this endorsement, the named perils covered by Dwelling Fire One and Dwelling Fire Three policies do not include theft.
Limited Theft coverage may be purchased in increments of $1,000 up to a maximum of $5,000. A $250 deductible applies.
Dave has a Dwelling Fire Three policy. While he was away at work, Dave’s $1,600 lawnmower was stolen from the shed on his property. Since Dave purchased $2,000 Limited Theft coverage, the loss will be covered. Dave will only have to pay the $250 deductible.
Available for all owner-occupied and landlord policies. Not available for vacant policies.
SPECIAL UNDERWRITING CONSIDERATIONS:
Special Amounts of Insurance apply for tools.
We do not insure:
- Losses caused by, resulting from, contributed to or aggravated by intentional acts of any tenant, roomer, boarder, member of tenant’s household or their employees.
- Any loss at the insured premises if the dwelling has been vacant for more than 30 consecutive days immediately before the loss.
- Any theft, attempted theft, or mysterious disappearance of:
- Goldware, gold-plated ware, silverware, silver-plated ware, and pewterware
- Jewelry, watches, furs, precious and semi-precious stones